YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley | Get Involved
Phyllis Wheatley Center Youth Counselor Intern
Department: Phyllis Wheatley Center
Position: Youth Counselor Intern (unpaid)
Term: August-May preferred, Summer also available
Commitment: 3-10 hours per week
• High interest in helping develop youth
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Community/organization focus
• Assist with after-school program tutoring in Math and English for middle and high school youth
• Help with monthly data collection and tracking.
• Create innovative lesson plans for after-school enrichment. Research and help develop program best practices and strategies for extended learning.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and with a diverse group. Be fair and impartial to all students.
Supervised by: Director of Phyllis Wheatley Center
Additional Information: Must pass a background check and be formally hired by HR.