Thank you for your interest in joining the YWCA Knoxville & the Tennessee Valley. All current job postings will be listed on this page.
Application instructions: Please submit a completed online application, available here.
In addition, all applicants must submit a cover letter and resume (with references). Applications may be submitted online, in person or mailed to following:
Attention: Shelby Schilling
YWCA Knoxville & the Tennessee Valley
420 West Clinch Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37902
The YWCA is pleased to offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and life coverage, a competitive retirement plan, generous vacation, sick, and holiday time, and loan forgiveness program.
The YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and United Way Community Partner.
SYET (Support for Youth Exposed Trauma) Program Coordinator
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Programs, this position leads Supporting Youth Experiencing Trauma programming, implements program screening, schedules and facilitates groups, parent engagement sessions and communicates with referral sources, site representatives and parents and guardians. This position is full-time.
- Maintains credentialing, training, and knowledge necessary to appropriately provide and refer youth and families participating in the program.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss student progress and referral needs.
- Organize and implement SSET programming including screening, parent contacts, interviews, group preparation, and evaluation of students enrolled at the Phyllis Wheatley Center and other community sites.
- Provide guidance and necessary information to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation process of programs, events, and procedures to enhance the programming.
- Perform data entry to ensure compliance of grantor mandates.
- Demonstrate effective communication with parents/guardians, school administration and staff, and other stakeholders to strengthen community support for the programs to meet the needs of the youth served.
- Maintain accurate and current staff, program and participant records.
- Responsible for implementation of daily programming with all youth. Ensure safety and participation of youth in enrichment activities in accordance with all agency and licensing body rules and regulations.
- Provide technical support to individual volunteers, groups, and field students as directed.
- Assures that confidentiality is maintained regarding all client information and agency proprietary information.
- Accepts on-call status when necessary.
- Maintain certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge & Training to Meet Position Requirements:
Preferred is a Bachelor’s degree with major emphasis in psychology, social work, or equivalent experience. Must have experience working with high-risk youth, implementing trauma- focused programs, and providing case management in an outpatient setting. Must possess knowledge of licensing rules and childcare regulations. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule and accept on call duties. Requires possession of organizational, numerical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
After-School Enrichment Counselor- Phyllis Wheatley Center
This position works in our After-School Enrichment Program (ASEP) for middle-school-age youth, located at the YWCA Phyllis Wheatley Center (124 S. Cruze Street). We seek high quality, professional role-models with diverse skill-sets to provide individualized attention to student’s needs. We are looking for staff who are truly passionate about impacting the lives of young people in a supportive and engaging environment.
This position is part-time, Monday- Friday; after-school/evening hours
- Providing a safe and secure environment;
- Planning, challenging, enriching, age-appropriate activities;
- Mentoring and tutoring;
- Accurately maintain and present necessary statistical data as required;
- Provide daily homework assistance to students;
- Demonstrates a passion for learning;
- Provide application and practice for school day skills and knowledge in a way that strengthens learning;
- Builds connections with students and demonstrates the usefulness of content and builds confidence based on accomplishment;
- Enhances learning with the kinds of experiences that the school day has less time to provide;
- Other duties as assigned.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent; associates degree, preferred. Must be willing to be certified in First Aid and CPR for adults and children, have a physical examination and a criminal background check. Must have experience working with youth or participation in youth-related clubs, classes or programs and must possess effective human relations skills; must be highly-motivated, enthusiastic and creative.
Phyllis Wheatley Center Night/Weekend Rental Coordinator
Under general supervision of the Director of the Phyllis Wheatley Center, is responsible for managing rental agreements and providing excellent customer service. This position is part-time and on nights and weekends.
- Provides a safe and secure environment for facility patrons and/or clients
- Ensure appropriate use of facilities
- Assisting patrons and/or clients with general needs while utilizing the facility
- Cleaning and/or building maintenance
- Administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision of the Health and Fitness Director. Lifeguards pool for aquatic classes, open swim and swimming lessons for the YWCA Club W. Has strong knowledge and experience in lifeguarding. Work outside of facility as a Club W ambassador.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using the knowledge of YWCA programs and policies, promotes Association and Mission Statement in the community. Interacts with other program personnel, volunteers, and staff to meet the needs of all YWCA members and participants. Participates in Association activities as necessary.
- Accepts pool responsibility and attends mandatory trainings put forth by the Health and Fitness Director.
- Listens to clients, instructors and community to assist in the Club W development.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date with all certifications, especially CPR. Carries proof of CPR training at all times.
- Will work with the YWCA to ensure that the pool facility is clean and safe.
- Follows the YWCA policies and procedures in a case of an injury. The instructor/lifeguard will complete an incident report, available at the front desk.
- Promote memberships, awareness of programs and class offerings.
- Must be cognizant of emergency exits, fire extinguisher and telephone in case of emergency.
- Will notify the director two weeks in advance for planned absences. If you are ill, please call a substitute to cover your shift.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
A high school diploma with lifeguard certification required. Should have paid or volunteer experience in life-guarding and be over the age of 16. Requires skills and life experiences that indicate sensitivity to health related issues and low-income individuals. Must be reliable and come with good references. Requires possession of organizational, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.