Diversity Day & Race Against Racism
January 18, 2020
Phyllis Wheatley Center
Join us for our 25th annual Diversity Day & Race Against Racism at the YWCA’s Phyllis Wheatley Center in East Knoxville!
Quick tips for Race Day
- Day-of registration is open and available from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- If you pre-registered online, you will need to arrive before 12:30 PM to check-in
- If you purchased a race shirt, those will be available upon check-in the day-of
- Shirts will be available for purchase day-of depending on quantities and sizes still available- no shirts are guaranteed unless pre-purchased online
- Parking is available at Tabernacle Baptist Church (2137 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue)
- The certified Race Against Racism will begin at 1:05 PM
Diversity Day and the Race Against Racism will happen, rain, snow, or shine – so please, come out and join us!
This event is for all ages and all people! Whether you like to run, walk, or just want to be part of the movement to Race Against Racism, we can’t wait to welcome you at the Phyllis Wheatley Center!
We look forward to welcoming you at this year’s event, as we celebrate diversity in partnership with local cultural and religious organizations, and once again join together as a community to stand against racism. Arrive early to enjoy breakfast treats, entertainment, inspirational speeches, and more. Full schedule of activities and performances coming soon – please check back!
The certified 5k course route starts in East Knoxville at the YWCA Phyllis Wheatley Community Center and takes runners through the vibrant East Knoxville community, down to the Old City, and loops back at the starting line. Looking for something a little more laid-back? Join our 1-mile walk to the Alex Haley statue at Morningside Park, and enjoy meeting your friends and neighbors. We’ll also have a fun race for the younger kids!
The race course has been certified by the Knoxville Track Club.
Race registration is now open!
What to expect from Diversity Day
Resource Booth Sign Up
Are you a local business or nonprofit organization with a focus on diversity and inclusion? We’d love for you to join us as an exhibitor at this year’s event! Please fill out this quick form, and a staff member will contact you with more details. There is no cost to host a booth.
Proceeds raised from the event support the YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley and ensure that the YWCA Phyllis Wheatley Center in East Knoxville continues to offer essential programs which provide students the tools necessary to overcome obstacles and to succeed in school and beyond.