YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley | Associate Council
Associate Council 2020-2021
What is the Associate Council?
Mission of the YWCA Associate Council: To support the YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley in its mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Purpose: YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley is committed to creating and developing sustained leadership opportunities for diverse women and men throughout the Tennessee Valley. The purpose of YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley’s Associate Council is to foster the participation of women and men, up to the age of 40, in the organization’s events and programs, to encourage others to become involved in our work, and to share ideas and perspectives with YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley Board of Directors and Staff. Each member of the Associate Council shall work to support and further the mission and programs of YWCA.
Associate Council Roles and Responsibilities:
• Uphold the mission of the YWCA and serve as an ambassador of YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley in the community.
• Participate in Associate Council sponsored fundraisers, small events or other initiatives.
• Engage with YWCA’s social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn).
• Volunteer to serve as a member on one of YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley’s event committees or the Associate Council planning team.
• Attend YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley signature events and encourage friends, colleagues, and family members to join in.
• Provide ideas for programming, training or events to YWCA staff liaison to encourage involvement and advancement for women and men in the organization (volunteers, staff, Associate, members, etc.)
• Attend a YWCA Board of Directors meeting, when requested.
• Attend 75% of regular Associate Council meetings.
• Complete online “Information and Expectation Form.”
• Associate Council members are encouraged to make an annual (tax deductible) donation of $200 or more to a program, event or appeal that speaks to your passion for the organization.
For additional information, contact Director of Communications and Events, Karlyn Reel, at email@example.com for more information.